DfT has launched Decarbonising Transport setting the Challenge. This recognises that current and planned policies will not result in net zero by 2050. This consultation plans to produce a Transport Decarbonisation Plan within 7 months.
Details of the challenge can be found here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/876251/decarbonising-transport-setting-the-challenge.pdf
This document reviews current and already proposed future policies towards meeting net zero by 2050. The challenge recognises that these policies alone will not achieve net zero. Public participation in the challenge will take the form of:
- Stakeholder Events
- On going public engagement
You can share your views on decarbonising transport, register to receive regular updates on the progress of the Transport Decarbonisation Plan and information about the consultation workshops by emailing TDP@dft.gov.uk.
We will publish our views and hope to take part as an organisation.
Transport related documents have been updated to reflect comments received. These are the Parish Pack, Transport Policy and the TECs Electric Vehicles review.
We have published updated versions of:
This has been updated to reflect comments made in response to the original release. Updates include a new section on the national speed limit, and revision of the carbon calculator section to reflect recent progress.
This document provides an extensive review of the pros and cons of buying an EV, subjects covered include:
- Introduction to EVs including types of EVs
- History of Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs)
- Travel Range
- Emissions including comparison with internal combustion engine vehicles (ICEV), NOx emissions, non tailpipe emissions
- Manufacture and disposal emissions and the use of Lithium, Cobalt, Graphite and rare earths. Recycling of batteries and Lifespan.
- Efficiency and payback calculations compared with similar ICEV.
- Efficiency of Rapid Charging
- Driving, Towing, Insurance and taxation
- Charging, connector types, different types of chargers
Mapping Teignbridge Transport emissions
We have recently produced detailed mapping of transport emissions in Teignbridge. This mapping shows estimated emissions from each road, and assigns these to Parishes and Census output areas.
This mapping can be viewed on our Maps and Data page.